Sunday, 28 June 2015

Fun with Cameras

So many close ups! I'm having fun just taking photos in different angles. XD Please overlook the cat fur though, it can't be helped.





I'm having problems with the pinks. The colour change is reflecting the sheen of silks - which Hanbok is usually made of - so it gets to quite a bright pink and to a very dark burgundy. The problem is that I have chosen completely the wrong pinks.




The middle colour has already been stitched twice, since I ran out of the first about halfway through and had to pick something else. The one currently stitched looked good enough before I used the brightest highlight colour, and now it just looks odd. Trust me, these photos are making it look a lot better than it is in person. Dx

So I'm going to try and choose another bright pink for the highlight that will hopefully make it all come together, or - gulp - I'm going to have to take out the middle colour and find something that better matches the highlight and the red. On another note, I ripped out the darker pink on the sleeves and redid them as well - I think the shading works out much better now.

Apart from that, though, the right side lower corner is already showing where the boy will be - his books will be piled in that corner next to his feet and he'll grow from there. More than likely, I'll give finding some pinks a shot and then start on the boy and avoid it for a while!

Monday, 22 June 2015

Progress and Monstrous Birthdays

The Bright Ones grow! I think I have chosen poorly on the darker pink in the sleeves, but otherwise she comes into view quite well. And good thing of all good things, I've gotten a camera! A proper one, not a computer webcam, so you may look forward to much better photos!

One of them lies below in my monster birthday cake! I celebrated another birthday today, and found myself quite short of candles. There were a bunch of other numbers - but none of them the numbers needed - but only three ordinary candles about, these colourful spiral ones.

And then my mother stumbled across some Halloween decorations - with spikes on the back to be pushed into a pumpkin instead of carving them, sort of like a Mr. Potato Head doll. And the mouth was the first to come across, and my sister and I had already remarked that the three candles already placed in looked like a face, so we put the mouth on and had cake that way!

~x~

Tuesday, 16 June 2015

The Bright-Coloured Pair

I'm back! And this time with a project. I got started on this one two days ago.



There'll be a pair of children on this one, a boy and a girl. You can finally see what it is after two days of work - the first day I couldn't tell what it was and I knew what I was stitching! I'm still looking for colours though, since as per usual I never-ever-ever have all the colours I need for any given project. I have a nice majority but right now, apart from the head, this is as far as I can stitch without choosing new colours.

Which, given the past two days, is going to be difficult.


Little guy in the house decided it would be awesome to pour out his juice on the living room table, where I just happened to have all of my bags of thread out. Unluckily, the pink, sticky juice got into the bag of mostly unbagged threads - and I didn't even realise it. I only discovered it after a day or two, thinking I had had a lucky escape from disaster. Then I went for a new thread, and realised that something smelled awful. My Winter Wonderland was also inside, and completely soaked.

So I spent a little time rinsing out all my threads and wiping out plastic thread bags and blow drying the bare skeins of thread. Annoying, but done.

Until yesterday, when I found out he'd poured another drink in my other, larger bag full of threads.

The majority of it was bagged, but at least a quarter of it was in bags with holes in the bottom corners for attaching to a ring. So they were soaked anyway. Another evening spent rinsing, wiping, and blow drying. Yay.

Now I'm terrified of cups and leaving my threads anywhere but right beside me. XD

~x~