'Solemnly Swear' Returns

I haven't given an update on this piece since I started it more than a year ago! I kept messing up the "O" - I remember redoing that particular letter a couple of times, and never getting it right. This is eventually where I left off, discovering that the "L" was going to be all messed up at the top where the swirls around the owl and letter "I" are going to be.

Harry Potter Cross Stitch

I sat down yesterday, determined to figure out where my mistake was and get it fixed. Turned out I'd added an entire row to the "O", making it taller by one stitch. Dx Then I also discovered I'd deleted a row from the "S"!

So I ripped it all back:


And started over. I did eventually rip out a little more of what was left of the "L" and got it fixed too.

Then I put on some Doctor Who, and got stitching - I've almost finished the entire word now!

Harry Potter Cross Stitch

There are still some mistakes here and there, but I'm making them work - a lot of these swirls are so much trouble! I can't quite seem to stay on count with the loops in the second "L" for some reason, so I took to Excel again and put my mistakes in the pattern & worked on it until I got it to look right so when I do get to those swirls around the owl, it'll all look like it was on purpose. What fun, haha.

Let's see how far I can get today!


Comments