A Frog Prince and His Well

Onto the next section of Magical Creatures! This square is one that was completely redesigned. I really liked the full look of January, with a landscape surrounding the centaur, so I went for something similar here.


This square was an absolute MONSTER to work on. Redid this entire thing at least three or four times. And I mean the entire thing. I just could not get the colours to work out. One set of colours looked good together until they were stitched, and then it just looked like a muddy blob. Another set was too dark after all, so it too had to be ripped out. Then I didn't like the shape of the well.


I suppose I should have expected a square with an actual frog in it to have all the frogging??

This is also one of the squares I've added something to so it reflects local weather. February (and to be honest, all spring) is extremely windy for us, so wind swirling by in the background felt like a good choice. But, since this square is determined to be difficult, I'm still not entirely sure about it. Might go back and move some of those little swirls around again, but for now, I'm leaving it alone!

Comments