So Many Stitches - Patronus Piece

Started something new!

Patronus

This is how far I've gotten in three days - one whole skein of 939 later!

Stag Patronus

Even when I know what I'm supposed to be stitching, this hardly looks like anything, haha. It kind of looks like a wildlife sign for some park right now, actually!

I've already made a lot of edits to the pattern since the fabric is so different to what I'm used to. It's something I just had around the house, probably came in with one of the grab bags from the local stitching store before it closed, with a tiny count. I like it, in that it makes the horns look even more like they're fading into really tapered points, but it meant that a lot of the contrast was being lost (see how narrow some of those single stitch columns are??). So I added a stitch in width to some areas and that resulted in a whole lot of mess!

I actually ended up opening Excel and playing around with it, including my mistakes and edits so I can keep stitching without having to worry about the rest of the pattern being thrown off by a few stitches here and there.

The best thing about this mystery fabric is that it's completely covered by the thread I'm using. The moment I saw this pattern I wanted to do it, but I know what black thread is like to work with: it's just so much thinner than other thread, even using three strands doesn't fully cover and the fabric shows through. That this fabric is small enough for the stitches to cover up is wonderful. The stitches are absolutely miniscule, but I'm loving the end result!

You can check out the original and buy the pattern HERE if you wish.

Comments