A Year of Books

Not as many as last year, but 52 isn't anything to sneeze at! I had fun trying to fit them all into the screen and trying out the panoramic function on my camera.


This year I didn't follow an A-Z challenge, but rather books I'd always been intending to read. I posted about the challenge back in December of last year, and I actually did manage to read more than 50! A good deal of them were books I'd wanted to re-read for quite a while - books from my childhood - rather than books already on my shelves.




All but four of them are books that are already around in the house; all but one of them is pictured!

18,877 pages read!  19,210 pages read!

Books in descriptions are presented in the order they were read. Books are counted in the month they are finished - if I read a book all of September, but finished it on the first of October, it's counted as an October book.
 
January

Keys to the Demon Prison by Brandon Mull

Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George

Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George

Dragon Spear by Jessica Day George





 
February

Sun & Moon, Ice & Snow by Jessica Day George

Wolf Tower by Tanith Lee

Wolf Star by Tanith Lee





March

Wolf Queen by Tanith Lee

Wolf Wing by Tanith Lee

Faerie Path by Frewin Jones

The Lost Queen by Frewin Jones

The Sorcerer King by Frewin Jones (seen below, library books)

The Year of Impossible Goodbyes by Choi Sook Nyul

Eragon by Christopher Paolini




April

Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

The Shamer's Daughter by Lene Kaaberbøl











May

So Far from the Bamboo Grove by Yoko Kawashima Watkins

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Sender Unknown by Sallie Lowenstein






June

Year of Living Biblically by A. J. Jacobs (this one sucked)

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
(these last two were brilliant though!)





July

The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani

A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani

Princess Ben by Catherine Gilbert Murdoch

The Last Ever After by Soman Chainani








August

Bella At Midnight by Diane Stanley

The Shamer's Signet by Lene Kaaberbøl

The Serpent Gift by Lene Kaaberbøl

The Shamer's War by Lene Kaaberbøl

Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce


September

The Woman Who Rides like a Man by Tamora Pierce

Lioness Rampant by Tamora Pierce

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien

The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf by Gerald Morris









October

Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott (LOVED this book!)

First Test by Tamora Pierce

Page by Tamora Pierce










 November

Squire by Tamora Pierce
Lady Knight by Tamora Pierce

Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale (not pictured; a library book)

The Legend of Holly Claus by Brittney Ryan  (finally!)

The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor



December

Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor

The School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari

Class is Not Dismissed by Gitty Daneshvari

The Final Exam by Gitty Daneshvari

A Tale of Two Castles by Gail Carson Levine

The Fairy Tale Detectives by Michael Buckley

The Unusual Suspects by Michael Buckley


Now I just have to come up with a new challenge for next year. Hrm. I've been looking about at a couple, but I'm not really sure. There are heaps of history books in my room I keep putting off reading because I want to read them in historical order and not get confused about the timing of things, but I was thinking now about putting up a timeline and making points along it to help me fit things together as I read in whatever order I please.

I definitely want to do a few re-reads, the Lord of the Rings and Ivanhoe among them, but I'm not sure if there's a challenge I can really pick. Maybe another TBR (to be read) challenge, like this year? All the books I was planning on reading anyway? Sounds about right.

I'll be kitting up the threads I want to use on the Fall girl to go beside the Winter Girl tonight, and updating the Cross Stitch Page at the top of the blog soon; I'm still reading - it's possible I'll get 53 books in yet! - and I've yet to nail down any resolutions I really want to do. Perhaps I'll get to that as well tonight.


I'll miss my list! I'll have to turn the page and write anew. It's always so lonely looking through the first few months of the year, especially as it's during school months now and I don't get to read as much.

Now to write some resolutions and sort some threads!

~x~

Comments