Rise of the Guardians Quick Stitch!

Finally got to working on some cross stitch again!


I wanted to pick up again on my Supernatural piece, but the Fey have taken it. >.<

What do you think?  I've got North (Santa), an Elf, and Tooth all finished!

The original Tooth wasn't to my tastes at all. The colours were wrong, and the shape wasn't right. I know the 'egg bodies' are the same shape for everybody, but it just wasn't working for me. I think I'll also be narrowing down Frost and Pitch, as those were also slimmer characters (especially Frost), but the shape works very well with Claus and Sandman.

So I grabbed an image off the web and worked from there:


I narrowed the body by a row in width, and made the middle section taller so there would be less green (meaning: more rows of teal in the middle of the body and only two rows of green at the top instead of the green being the largest band of colour). I found a really awesome floss at the store last trip (DMC 444) and it just worked perfectly as that bright, main yellow feather. I also simplified a bit, and used only one dark blue for the edge feathers and the bottom of the body instead of using two different shades.

Then my little brother and I picked out new pinks for her wings, instead of the peaches that were used in the original pattern (the darker shade on the bottom of each wing was originally the same colour as the face). I also brought the wings closer together and omitted the one at the top of her head: three looked like enough wing.

Apart from all the fun changes I've been making, my favourite character is still that little elf! I used one strand of metallic gold and stitched over the same square three times to bind the tail down properly and get enough on there to actually sparkle.

Still haven't stitched Santa's beard yet though....

 I've been extremely sick lately, with Gods-Know-What, and that put a hold on basically everything. I did manage to watch all the way through the most perfect drama I've ever watched (Healer!) that I would love to review at some point. I only got three books read in June, but I've finished one already this July and I'm working on its sequel - The School for Good and Evil!

I love the cover art for these books. The art on the inside is just as good, but the covers are so beautiful in their glorious colour. I've never actually read all of this one, which is why I'm trying to read it this year. I loved the first one when I picked it up a few years back but never really got into the second. Here's hoping to enjoying it this time around!

~x~

Comments