Rays of the Sun

Here at last are the unicorns for August!

I realized I hadn't explained why I'd changed this square the way I did. This square originally has a rainbow, and puffy white clouds, but when I saw those clouds, I immediately thought of The Magic of Pegasus.

Yep, the Barbie movie. There's a sequence midway through in a cloud castle where three girls ride different coloured pegasus (pegasi?) to colour the clouds in for sunset. Each of the pegasus' bodies are a different colour to match the colour they turn the clouds every sunrise and sunset, and I really wanted to mimic that look with this square!

Hence the setting sun, throwing off rays in the upper corner instead of a rainbow, and the colour changes. I'm really quite happy with the colours for the top unicorn! Time will tell if I ever really like the lower unicorn, though....

I've gotten a bit of a start on the next square already. Lots of little additions to that one to come!

Comments