A Tiny Nessie

When I first saw the square for June, the first thing I saw was a sea monster. Knock the wings off, and the body looked just like one!


But if you do that, and turn this cute pair into sea creatures (or lake creatures, if they are Nessies?), then you have to redo the background. I really wanted to do some sort of buried treasure, but it just wasn't working out, so this is what I ended up with.
The seaweed and bubbles are from the original July square (with the mermaid), moved to a new home here in this block. Then the Nessies are just recolours of what they were as dragons (plus some flippers).

It was more difficult to know how much cave to do. There isn't much like this in the rest of the project -- thickly stitched areas that cover a lot of the fabric -- especially not as a background. There was quite a lot of cave at first, that I had to chip away at, little by little, so it covered the least amount I thought I could get away with while still looking like a cave. Hopefully it doesn't look too out of place.

And now this project is half-finished!


Comments