April Showers bring a Gnome & Flowers

This was the quickest, easiest square to do! (Especially after all the trouble the last two squares have given me.)


I saw the original gnome for this square, and knew I wanted to stitch one that looked like a Tomten, since we have them around the house every year for Christmas. A simple enough edit; I was happy to find 453 was a good backstitch colour to make the beard pop on my white fabric.


This square was also lovely to do because of all those wonderfully springtime hues in the grass and blossoms and the bright warm wood of the tree. Made me happy just to look at it while I worked on it.


It's the next square that's giving me a minor headache. I've completely changed the square for May, and it has a lot of different shades of green planned; it's been difficult to figure out which greens to use to keep it from looking all the same. Ended up being very thankful for this little piece of Easy to do in amongst all the difficult bits, haha.

And now, if I stick to the original SAL, I'm all caught up! See you in May!

Comments