Spooks & Spells

I have a finish!

Spooks and Spells Cross Stitch
This one was done about a week or so ago. Loved that it was a quick stitch; I really wanted something quirky and fun to do, and this fit the bill perfectly!

The original pattern is HERE. I did swap the colours out - 501 for "Spooks", and that brilliant slime green 581 for "Spells"; and all of the black was done with three strands of 939 instead, save the large 'L' in "Spells" and the hat with the bats, which was done in 310 when I ran out of 939!


As you can see in the original, I did change the black cat into a group of bats - I made a mistake in counting, and the witch hat ended up farther over than it was supposed to, and the cat was just too close to those candles! So I searched up simple bat patterns on the web and made a couple to fly around the hat. I think it works!

Comments