So Many Mistakes

Oh boy.

So I thought I'd take a break from the Patronus piece and work on good old Shadow Moon for a bit. I got nearly all the lettering done, and then realized that something was wrong - the spacing was off a bit between the two rows of words, and then top row was off by one stitch. I bit the bullet and ripped out the top row all the way back through 'moon'. I couldn't find where I'd made the mistake, but there was enough room before 'moon' to back it up without making it look too close to the previous word.

Shadow Moon

Then, after happily getting a couple of words in, I realized why the spacing was wrong between the two rows: on the lower row, I'd made a mistake after the 'w' in 'way', putting the entire rest of the bottom row, 'a' on, up half a stitch.

Shadow Moon

So that means basically all the lettering  - which I had all but finished, everything but the final 'e' in 'eve'! - needs to come out and get started from nearly scratch.

I'm taking a break from this one now. Dx

Comments