Wreaths & Evergreen

There's been a good deal of evergreen cheer added since last I posted!

My poor wreath has been stitched three times at this point - some small error has me coming back to rip it out and correct each time I return to it! I thought I had it all settled at last, but then, in putting in the gold on the ribbon, discovered that the upper quarter on the left had been brought over a stitch too far somehow! So it had to come out again.


All the golds from the pot to the garlands are changed from the original pattern, as well as the two browns used in the tree trunk - there is little left to the original in this piece! I believe so far only the red in the border is the same as the pattern? I'm very happy with the brighter colours! And it has been really enjoyable to stitch a winter-y piece in front of our tree, with all the lights a-glow.

The weather here has gotten so very cold!! The cats sleep directly under the radiator half the time, and the sky is nearly always a lovely chilly grey. It's been getting below freezing at night - we are hopeful for a little snow!!

(Please note that I've redited all the photos for this project and updated all the posts accordingly)

~x~

Comments