A Summer Walk

I took a walk around my neighbourhood today! I took a trip through the yard and a couple of streets and back again.



I'm trying to get my health back to full strength, as whatever it is keeps dogging my steps. Moving around and keeping active in small doses seems to be helping today, so I took it easy but had a little fun taking photos of all the beautiful trees about the house.




I love how mysterious some places look, right up next to a house or a car, how the orderly gardens and smooth lawns flow right into the overflowing wealth of plantlife in the miniature woods round about.


There's a pond/lake about five minutes by foot from the house, and this being the South, that means more mosquitoes and biting bugs than you can appreciate. I made sure to wrap up in a gauzy coverall to keep them off my arms and protect from the sun filtering through the cloud layer of another wonderfully grey day and took my camera out for a spin.


Going out for a walk when you don't have to hurry, or have a destination in mind, is one of the finest ways to clear your mind. I love our little neighbourhood with all its little roads and hills that feel so magical and mysterious - you half expect some little elf or fairy to appear at any moment!


There's another place several streets over that I absolutely adore to walk through. It dips down a little from the surrounding houses and it's perceptibly cooler. But the trees and bushes there are absolutely sparkling with energy. There's something really very special there. I think my next walk might just take me all that way to snap a few and post them up here to share.



~x~

Comments