Sparkly Fireflies!

I've got June finished on my Woodland Sampler!


This time I'm using the printer to scan my stitching, since I heard of some people doing that - and it turned out much better than my webcam pictures!!! I'm very happy with that. XD I'll just have to figure out a way to zoom in on certain parts of the piece now.

I used some metallic gold around the firefly, and changed up the pattern a bit, by stitching yellow and gold for the light from the firefly. In the original pattern, there is no yellow -


- nor any sparklies! I much prefer the variation, which I can't claim as my own idea. Lurking on their Facebook page you get to see so many creative people come up with their own additions and changes to the patterns.

Next up is either August or July, and I'm debating what to do with the colours for July. July's has a lot of white in it, and since my fabric is so pale, white basically doesn't show up at all. I had to do some major editing on January's Snowflakes (which were my own invention, thanks ;) just to make them appear, and that's with super white, sorta-sparkly, textured specialty thread. Hmm. August on the other hand is all rich reds and blacks, with a skunk as the main focus!, so it'd be easier to stitch on. I've seen a variation of July with the white replaced as purple, but I don't know if I'd want to go that route!








So that's that for this post. Hopefully I'll work out how make scans closer up of certain parts of the sampler, get some more stitched (though I'm looking at a really long story to read right now. . . . ), and maybe snack some more. XD Until next time, with another Freebies Spotlight! ~x~

Comments