August!

I had intended this post for the last Wednesday in July, but I really didn't want to take pictures then. I don't know why, it's just point and click, but I was lazy. And now it's August! I have no idea where the time went. :S

Anyway, what I've been working on lately was my Mirabilia of course, and an Amigurumi Squid. Pictures will be with my Wednesday post, so I don't keep delaying this one any longer.

We were working on getting back to a school-day schedule around the house (somewhat grudgingly - but who doesn't?), but have been somewhat lax lately. Oops! School supplies are all bought at last (I think). I actually love this time of year - all the notebooks and writing supplies on sale and readily available everywhere is fabulous!!

And boy has the weather been back-to-school! It's felt like October, all Halloween-y lately. The windows have been thrown wide open to invite all that lovely fall air in as much as possible. What a lovely summer this has been - wet and cool all the way through. At the beginning of August I finally got to take the second comforter off my bed (yes, that cool), and now I've had to put it back on! Hopefully winter will be even cooler, and very snowy!

I've also been painting stairs lately - I'm planning on painting them to look like book spines. So far, I've only got a few books that I know I'm going to be putting on them (nowhere near enough), and three stairs coloured appropriately. The others were primed for colour later, though they'll be colours unknown for now! Mostly it seems to be Austen books - as I'm going for titles everyone in the family is supplying - such as Emma, Northanger Abbey, namely, as well as Jane Eyre, Harry Potter (only Harry Potter, not a specific title in the series), Brambly Hedge (a kids book), and possibly Bleak House. With fourteen stairs to paint, it's not all that I needed, so I'll be begging for titles up to the end, I think! And with the recent purchase of black paint for the lettering, I'm thinking I'll start on the actual writing of titles soon, though I'm sort of dreading it. If it turns out wonky or not at all the way I want it to (which is extremely likely) I'll hate it forever, and looking at them everyday won't help. I've got to gear myself up for this!!

So, time to get back to a regular update schedule, and pull out some of my other works again. I've been bad and only worked on the Mirabilia, and though I'm very happy with the progress made, nothing else is getting done either. And since I got a lovely comment on my Halloween carousel horse, I'll be starting with that one! XD

And has anyone been keeping up with The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery?? (Link is to their Facebook page where all the lovely snaps show up.) They're teasing us with images of both Halloween and Autumn themed pieces!! Definitely going to be keeping an eye out for further pictures of them as people start stitching so I can watch in awe as my favourite holiday unfolds before me on fabric. XD

That'll be all for this post, though I'll definitely get one up in time for Wednesday - another WIP Wednesday at last! And I might post something for TV Tuesdays again - I've got an amazing drama to recommend!

Until next time then ~x~ 

Comments