The Trouble With Winter

Well, I can't seem to get Winter figured out. Lady Autumn had some interesting colour combinations with the fruit and all, but they seemed to even out in the end. But Winter I can't get a good grasp on.

Somehow or another, the purple in the pattern on Winter's side has become blue in the conversion from Needlepaints to DMC. I'm not too fussed about that - blue goes well as Winter anyway. But then the inside of the sleeves to the robe she's wearing haven't turned out that odd blue-grey-green, but just straight up pine green. It doesn't look good at all, and definitely doesn't look like well done shading. Ugh. From the start it's been one thing after another with Winter, and at this rate I don't know if I'll ever get her side done!

On Autumn's side I've completed all but the lightest shade in the face, and I've stitched the entire outer border. I'll be bringing up the middle border next (and perhaps coming up with some motto to take the place of Winter, should this continue to be so disastrously messy! XD). Hopefully there'll be some good news to share on this front next time I post but so far it's been dreadful. I'm thinking about rewriting some portions of the pattern, and I'll definitely have to replace some colours altogether if I want it to look half as good as Autumn's side. I'm hoping to find a good blue-grey selection to have for the inside of the sleeves, or something of that nature, and I may be taking the odd striping of colours on the back of the robs out and redoing that with more natural shading rather than design. Phoey. This just keeps getting better and better. >.<

Comments