The Mummy, Merlin, & Mirabilia

I've nearly completed the other side of the harvest bundle on Lady Autumn, and I've extended the palest skin colour all the way up to the tip of her chin. Both hands are finished, though remain without outline for now, and her shoulders are majorily complete! All thanks to the Mummy and Merlin, allowing me to sit and stitch for a while uninterrupted!

I have been taking pictures of my progress, but unfortunately Blogspot is being strange and isn't allowing me to upload any at the moment. I should be able to complete the second band entirely, and more than likely finish off everything to her head, if not doing part of her head. I'm debating whether or not to continue with Autumn once I've completed the top half of the pattern, or if I should catch Winter up to the same point first. Decisions, decisions. XD

Another replacement on the pattern - 'Wisper' thread. There are some points on Winter's side, on the white trim of her cloak, that they stitched with a white, slightly fuzzy thread. It gives the impression of fur trim to her cloak, which is quite nice, but honestly unless you're looking for it you can't even tell it's there. And since I'm replacing all the beadwork, guess what's going to happen with the Wisper thread? That's right, it's gone. Consider this is the frugal stitcher from here on out! To preserve an element of that thread though, I'm not going to replace the Wisper thread with simple white. I've gone with the Bright White, a really brilliant kind of the white stuff, so it'll pop and look different to the white in other parts of the same piece. Hopefully I'll get to it soon enough that you can see the difference between white and brilliant white, if you're unaware of how they look in comparison to each other.

On the Resolutions side of things - yes, I still haven't forgotten about them! - I wrote down a list of my resolutions in my notebook and I'm keeping them out where I can see them! The thread sorting hasn't begun as of yet, but I hope to get to that this evening as a break in my stitching proper. I've gathered up my previous cross stitch projects, and I'll be sorting out their threads at some point too. I'm looking to try and get some of them done this year as well, but the Mirabilia takes front and centre on there. (And yes, I do have resolutions concerning things beside stitching - such as writing - but I don't think anyone would be interested in a list of resolutions on a crafting blog!)

Hope you have much luck in keeping up with your resolutions this year, and that your stitching is tangle-free!

Comments