Happy New Year!

First post of the new year - 2013!!! How can it have come so soon? It feels like it all went so quickly. XD

Ready for it yet? Still totally unprepared, or what?

And any resolutions made? Mine are few and rather simple, such as going to bed earlier (it takes me about an hour to get to sleep after I get to bed, so I need to account for that in getting ready for bed), sorting out my thread, finally clearing away the moving boxes and such from around the house....

On the subject of threads look at this! Found this at Walmart yesterday, and it looks perfect for threads! They're all in little bags, so they should fit fine. It's been difficult to find anything to hold all of them, so this is definitely a break-through!

And here's an update on my Mirabilia! It's looking really good, I think. One hand is finished (minus outlining), and where I am now, I'm completing the sleeve for the other arm. The colours for the fruit are looking a lot better with all of them in place, and in picture. They don't look quite so blended and smooth in person - perhaps the reason the picture on the front of the pattern is so small?
The colours are looking a lot better with all of them in place, and in picture. I was getting worried while stitching the round fruit, as the colour don't appear to match those of the original pattern. They don't look quite so blended and smooth in person - perhaps the reason the picture on the front of the pattern is so small? But they definitely look much better now that all the colours are there. I also made a stop by the Hobby Lobby yesterday, and got all the remaining threads I need for the project - all the replacement threads for Needlepaints, as well as for the beads. I've decided to totally remove all beads from the project, and simply treat them as normal cross stitch. I did find a conversion chart for Mill Hill Beads to DMC threads here. (It is a PDF file.) That was a WONDERFUL find, and saved me a lot of trouble. So onwards with Autumn and, very soon, Winter!


Well, though it is a short post, it's there! I hope you all have a blessed and fabulous 2013, and that you continue to stop by and check out my works in the coming months!

Comments