Monday, 23 September 2013

Stitching with Whatever You Find Part II

Well there it is. A quick afternoon of stitching. I finally got to start on the Woodland Sampler! This lovely piece by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery has been on my to-do list for a while, and I'm glad to have begun it. I found a good dark blue and a brown I liked amongst the threads I had amassed for this task, and have done my best with it!

I've gotten the entire background of February done and the frame for January, as well as begun on March, below January. Not bad, all things considered. I wonder what I'll be able to get done next time?

Sorry for the long break I took from the blog. I haven't been stitching at all, so it didn't seem like a worthwhile task to keep blogging on a topic I was no longer doing. I've gotten more drawing completed (which you can see at deviantART), so that was very nice to do.

I've also been working on clothing! I've gotten most of the Jeogori, or jacket/blouse, top of a Hanbok completed! Hanbok is the traditional clothing of Korea. I've been planning on making one of my own for a while, mostly because I'm too tall and long-limbed to easily have found one I could purchase. I found an enormous amount of perfect fabric for the chima, or skirt, at the local Habitat for Humanity shop, and got cracking the moment I got home. The fabric I used for the blouse is not very easy to work with, but has been a good practice piece. I think I'm not going to use it as the final jacket, though it's been interesting to find what works and doesn't. I don't have an official pattern - I've just been looking at pictures of finished Hanbok that I can find, and I found a few blogs of others who have also made their own Hanboks. It may have been easier with a pattern, but I'm no expert seamstress, so perhaps not. ;)

Tomorrow there'll be pictures - the lighting right now is terrible and everything looks too gloomy!! I'll get some more stitching done perhaps between now and then, and have more to show!

~x~